Monday, December 10, 2007

The Wellingtons

Another weekend spent in Sydney. This time I was taking photos for a new club called FUCKEN A! Fridays at Qbar, Darlinghurst. I'll be going there every friday from now on as the official photographer. Club photographers really do make it more easily than band photographers.

The opening night didn't see too much of a crowd, mind next door was The Levity Christmas Party. I was enjoying doing a lot of celebrity spotting in between taking photos. First I saw Andrew G from Australian Idol, Evermore and Operator Please. I realised (or Zac Anthony of Wellingtons fame told me the day after) it was because those bands were going to play at Homebake, so what happened to the good bands? Haha I kid, but I would have loved to see Behind Crimson Eyes there.
Spotted: Dann Hume from Evermore










My friends Ted and Brett (of Die Magic Band fame) were also at that party.

So was a good family friend Eamon.

He's the one with the hat...er in the flanny...wearing the backpack. When Brett met Eamon they were instantly...abusing each other. And then Ted came over and so he to was abused and well, Ted is not one to modestly walk away. So, my good family friend and new friends were verbally abusing each other. The discussion was oh so intellectual and it wasn't long before the subject of a tattoo involving Jesus making out with a unicorn was bought up.

The next day...

I went to see The Wellingtons at Hopetoun Hotel. I'd never been inside the venue before so I thought I'd check it out. It wasn't too bad. Lighting was fair. The Wellingtons were great as usual.
Here are some photos:





There was also a band called O'neders, which I quite enjoyed. Here are some photos of them. They also played at The Lansdowne that night but my friend was having her 22nd birthday party.
Did someone say photos?



I nicknamed this place The Garage of Love or The Garage of Refuge. It's basically were we all went when the party got too hectic. Or maybe because it was warm.

The funny thing was that he didn't and still doesn't know who Jon Hume actually is. I overheard him and a friend saying "isn't he the guy that made the Hume Highway." Haha, I love drunken banter.

Well, that's it for now. I'll have more photos to take tomorrow. Oh, and I've been approved to shoot RESIST Records Tour @ Manning Bar...and review Nightwish. Well, a free show is a free show. Who is Nightwish by the way?

No comments: