Thursday, December 27, 2007

Resist Tour 2007

It's been awhile since my last update. I got a Nintendo Wii for Christmas and have locked myself in my granny flat and have been playing the Wii for hours.
I went to shoot the Resist Tour at Manning Bar in Sydney on saturday december 22. I've been going to Resist Tour since 2004. In fact it was the second gig I've ever taken photos at. I missed the 2005 tour for some reason, but was back last year and then again this year. So, from now on going to the Resist Tour will be my Christmas tradition. The Sydney Resist show is on three days before Christmas every year so it is a special night for all who attend. This usually means that by the time the headlining band hit the stage there is fake snow and silly string everywhere. I sort of captured the moment when Carpathian were on stage. I need a more wide angle lens to capture it more.
The hi-light band this year was Irrelevant. My brother was the former bassist and back in those days I would see Irrelevant every chance I got. After he left I didn't go to as many shows. In fact I didn't see them once this year until Resist Tour. They are such an awesome band live and the members are so nice. I love every record they put out too.

All bands at the tour were great especially 50 Lions, Irrelevant and Carpathian.

There was a donation box for Andy and Damo's funeral and the mini-bus hire costs. I donated more than loose change and the box was full of gold coins, so I think hardcore scene have helped to take the burden of finding money fast away from the band and the boys' families.



I hope everyone had a good Christmas. I celebrated both Christmas and my birthday this week. Yes, I'm the big 22.

My break is over. Band photographers only have a week or less of holidays. There's seriously only two days when there's not a single gig on, unless you count the APEC summit.

Here's some more Resist Tour '07 photos:






See you all next year!

No comments: