Sunday, December 16, 2007

Faster Louder Live 3

On thursday night I was asked to photograph Faster Louder Live 3 at Factory Theatre. It turned into FL's own Christmas Party. My friends Die Magic Band opened the show. The are unlike any band you've seen live. A bit of a comedy duo. Other bands that played were Jack Nasty Face, Goons of Doom, Shooting at Unarmed Men and King Brothers. Shooting at Unarmed Men were my second favourite of the night. King Brothers were incredible.


Check out http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/ for more photos.


For my work I was given two Faster Louder shirts and a hoodie. Oh and about 12, 000 FL business cards.

My old boss owns The Factory so I'll be able to shoot in there whenever I want.


The next night I went to shoot Between the Devil and the Deep at Empire Hotel. I was nursing a terrible hangover from last nights escapades fueled by Slate Bourbon, Smirnoff Vodka and Becks beer (which I don't even like). It was too much for me. I had to leave. Hardcore bands and hangovers do not mix. Must be why people go straightedge?



I stayed at my sisters, which fortuantely for me was walking distance from Empire Hotel. I kept on talking about Tim Rogers playing at The Basement and how it was too goddamn expensive for me to go to. The previous day I was prepared to spend $70 on Brand New tickets, so I'm not sure why I didn't want to fork out $35 for Tim. My sister tried to get me on the guestlist but ended up giving me entry fee money as a birthday gift.

Darren, who owns Factory Theatre thought it not wise for me to bring my camera so I didn't. At The Basement there was not a single DSLR in sight. The lighting in the venue could have been good enough for a 50mm f/1.8 lens if I hadn't already started on the drinks as soon as I stepped foot in the venue. It was more enjoyable having a few drinks and chatting to one of Tim's biggest fans than taking photos.


I like Tim's music. It makes me think, but not in a "my hearts breaking so much without you" way that I'm used to. In a way that anyone can relate to it. I like how he is constantly taking the piss out of the Indie scene and such bands as Kasabian.


The next day was an early Christmas lunch. Nothing really related to photos or bands, so I'll stop right here. My brother gave me a Fall Out Boy wallet that he bought in the States. It is all kinds of awesome.

No comments: