Monday, November 17, 2008

Time for a change

I really don't want to do this anymore. I get so much support though that it's hard to give up. I seem to have skills in this area so I suppose I'll still take photos sometimes.
I just think it's time I got some proper employment.
I'll still be around bands though.
I'll just be away from all the action - at my lighting desk.

I've just never made over $100 doing band photography. And fours years is enough. I also hate waiting for press pass approvals, dealing with security and being alone at gigs.

LTTL is no more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah that's shit.

I know what you mean though, the waiting it the crap part.

My new g/f is a gig photographer so I've finally got someone to not only shoot WITH but have as a +1.

It was so lonely doing it alone.

Sorry to hear you have lost your mojo for it

Anonymous said...

yeah but shit happens like that you know? and like, things take TIME. Its the people who perservere that make it - and by make it I mean in what THEY want to do, not what society thinks you should be doing.

You can get a 'proper' job AND do your photography - don't give up on what you want to do, even if you do have to whore yourself out and get a crappy job

RubyTuesday said...

BTW Anonymous is S Roy

the computer won't acknowledge meee!