Thursday, May 8, 2008

A7X / BFMV/ Atreyu

There wasn't a lot of gigs coming up so I applied for what was available. I was pretty sure I wouldn't get in but I heard back from my editor in less than a day.

I went to Horden Pavillion to photograph Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine and Atreyu.

I would have never given those bands the time of day before but they all put on great sets. Bullet would have been my favourite of the night followed by Atreyu. Sorry A7X but you just ain't doing it for me. They were great to photograph though.

I missed Behind Crimson Eyes because I got there late. Who puts a band on at 6:30? Damn all ages gigs. I'm used to bands starting at 8/8:30pm. I did get to catch up with Josh and Garth from the band though. It would have been the 5th time I'd seen them. We go way back.

I'm not sure why I have avoided The Horden for so long. It's a huge venue with lighting good enough to get some great shots. Good news is that The Mars Volta will play there in a couple of months so I'll be back.

My next gig to shoot is Gyroscope and maybe Kisschasy. In June it's back to Annandale Hotel for End of Fashion and Wolf & Cub. I'm going to miss being in front of the barrier, but there shouldn't be too much pushing and shoving at those shows.

Here's some photos:

ATREYU



BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE




AVENGED SEVENFOLD


More will be added to www.fasterlouder.com.au

No comments: