Monday, January 28, 2008

Brand New

I've noticed that a lot of Brand New fans are really arrogant when it comes to comparing Brand New with other bands. I admit I've also been guilty of this. It's worse in males from 16-18 years old. It could have something to do with their personality, but at least 1 in 5 Brand New fans act this way. Those figures are not really correct. Sure they are an amazing band, but when people act as though there is no other band greater it makes me not want to have anything to do with them.
I went to see Brand New at Enmore Theatre. With no camera this time. I didn't really push for a media pass. They're quite a hard band to get access to. I just wanted to enjoy them.
Jesse Lacey (the singer) played an acoustic set for half an hour or so. It was to be a suprise, but all of the nosey fans in the front of the line found out. The rest of his band joined him shortly after. They were incredible, but lacking power. I guess they were exhausted and Jesse's voice was straining. They cut a whole lot of their songs from the setlist. It was a bit dissapointing. It was all over by 10:30. At least there were after-show drinks to be had in The Duke.

The exhibition on Australia day was in both Sydney and Melbourne. In Sydney my Tim Rogers photo was displayed and in Melbourne my photo of The Hot Lies at Coke Live 2006 was displayed. I didn't go to either as I was supporting The Stray Assembely's very first show. There were other reasons why but I'd rather not get into that right now.

I haven't photographed a band since December 29. I hope that all changes soon. I've got about three shows in febuary I'm keen on. I'm thinking about moving to Sydney and finding work up there so the band photography is on the backburner at the moment.

No comments: